Our psychiatrists have an arsenal of skills and knowledge in medicolegal assessments or IME’s (Independent Medicolegal Examinations).
Dr Wasim Shaikh, our lead psychiatrist, conducts approximately 10 IME (Independent Medicolegal Examinations) assessments each week, and has the experience of over 4000 IME’s in the past 10 years.
His credentials/ qualifications include:
- Member, General and Composite Medical Assessment Tribunal, Office of Industrial Regulations, QLD
- Approved Medical Specialist, Workers Compensation Commission, NSW
- Worksafe VIC Approved Medical Examiner
- Comcare Trained Assessor of Permanent Impairment
- NSW Workcover Approved Examiner
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner, American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- Trained in Guidelines to Evaluation of Psychiatric Impairment (GEPI)
- Trained in use of AMA Guides
- Trained in DSM-5 classification system
- Trained Expert Witness
- Experienced in use of tools for Malingering
- Workcover QLD IME Panel Examiner
- DRS Decision-Maker for Medical Claims, State Insurance Regulatory Authority, NSW
Dr Shaikh has chaired multi-specialty assessments, represented universities in panel discussions, and presented seminars on medicolegal topics in various conferences across the country and overseas.